Please click the banner below to supports our sponsors

Search this blog

Saturday, August 1, 2009

XXX-S

Losi xxx-s team Losi RC car R/C cars JRXs Type-R HPI Team Associated touring car rc racing sorex takeoff forward tires rc tires airtronics TAMIYA futaba
Yes I'm also going to talk about the XXX-S in this blog
the car have a sealed tranny that makes perfect for a parking lot track or a track with lots of dust.

I ran this at SOCAL raceway (asphalt) back in 2001-2002 for a season then I brought it back to life with me on 360raceway which was carpet surface in 2008.

Car was workign well on asphalt with normal (3-4mm?) droop with soft springs @ SOCAL but once I learned new way to measure Droop (1-2mm drrop over RH) and little bits of stiffer springs, the HELL broke lose!

one of the X-Losi driver showed me how to droop correctly for the XXX-S, just like old offroad cars this car need to be droop with shock's own length! (inside shock limiters) cause this car have a droop screw on the bumpers (soft rubber like meterial) once you put little bit of pressure on it droop changes every seconds!!

once I start drooping with shock length car became much smoother or lets say the suspension working correctley, in other words..adjust a spring collar 1 or 2 turn makes difference on Riding height.

I have few detail like to share, I ll be back soon

bye for now

2 comments:

  1. Nice car, losi made mistake not developing this kind of car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Unique Ideas were the key elements of Losi's existence since 1986, I'm not so sure if they still have that with them any more.

    ReplyDelete



Love to hear from you~