Please click the banner below to supports our sponsors

Search this blog

Saturday, August 1, 2009

How to adjust sway bars

Losi xxx-s team Losi RC car R/C cars JRXs Type-R HPI Team Associated touring car rc racing sorex takeoff forward tires rc tires airtronics TAMIYA futaba







Lucar's car







Losi xxx-s team Losi RC car R/C cars JRXs Type-R HPI Team Associated touring car rc racing sorex takeoff forward tires rc tires airtronics TAMIYA futaba




This is mine












I try to take a picture like redrc's french driver's car but just can't do it! haha

from this rear view I want to point out its a important to have a sway bar holder (plastic piece) evenly screwed down, I think that s why Losi used cap head screw instead of button head, like every where else on this car (there is few spot losi used hex head for reasons, I bielive)

with that in mind I used wide aluminium washer instead of losi narrow washer to more evenly spread the screw's force.

also want to mention that sway bar should be 90 deg angled against the sway bars linkgae when it s on RH.

after installed the sway bars I did little tweaking by adjusting linkage length, this is how I done it
  1. remove shocks, wheels, wheel nuts AND the SWAYBAR from the linkage.
  2. make sure the sway bar is moving freely, that sway bar is free falling with it's own weight.
  3. attached back the sway bars with linkages
  4. stick a droop gauge under a hub carrier until opposite end start lifting, measure that
  5. do same on other side to see compare the numbers
  6. by adjusting length of linkage make that "Lifting point" even on both sides
Thats how I do it, which side to turn to make lift early? I never remeber that you will find out soon


No comments:

Post a Comment



Love to hear from you~