Please click the banner below to supports our sponsors

Search this blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Shock ID & other simple tip.

" Middle of a race day, Your car is not ready for some stupid reason and you are in the middle of re building shocks, rush the process and boom! you are READY. went to the track only to find out car handle weired, went to marshalling with a long face, come back to the pit to find out you had your front shock on rear left to right right to left or one shock mounted inner hole of arm one on outer hole or one shock colar was way lower than the other side.

you get the picture DVD clear picture of it, coz You been there done that, so did I. "

to prevent this I marked my shock collars to see how many turn I went down or up and also marked down the location.

I was marking LF, RF, LR, RR on the inside of a wheels then buddy of mine Richard P told me just numbered it. 1=LF, 2=RF, 3=LR, 4=RR anything to make my life simple I go for it.

so I took that to my shocks and did same by filed down collars with a file like this


I also built a habit of screw down shock rod end (bottom) then shock cap(top) to idiot proof myself.(that also meks easier to screw, if you have spacers on that screw)

No comments:

Post a Comment



Love to hear from you~