Please click the banner below to supports our sponsors

Search this blog

Monday, September 14, 2009

Flying Fox solid spool mod

I found half stripped out drives on my car since the race from yesterday
I thought it is better to have this spool made look like one way unit so we can use a one way out drive cups which gets to bolt down to mounted instead of snapped on to the tube but few people on RCtech pointed out one way out drive is not any better as shown below.





as many like to say " that's how it is" what can I do...

that's not my way! as usual I made my own to make the things better.

I drilled 4 holes on out drives with a 3/32" bit and screwed 5/40 set screws about 4mm long, this way it triple the contacting surface on the tube against plastic out drives.



One thing that concerned me is like what Mike L from MikeLdesign.com (also a type-R driver) is "there is no fuse, would you rather it be the plastic out drive or your LCD collar?' and I don't want that problem, only thing I can think of is run the front belt loose enough to be skiipped before LCD coupler get damaged.

follow up: since I did this mod, I didnt have any trouble on the spool or out drives yet, I ran 100 + packs with stock, SS, or 10.5 Mod with it, try it you will thanks me later.


No comments:

Post a Comment



Love to hear from you~