Please click the banner below to supports our sponsors

Search this blog

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bump steer on JRXS Type-R


I been running 2 gold washers under each Bellcranks since very beginning, to adjust the bump steer on the fly with following amount of washers under each ball stud of the steering hub.

  • Low roll center: 2 washers
  • Med roll center(low block with a 1 gold washer): 1 washer
  • High roll center: no washer.
in my measurement on a hudy set up board with total of 4deg Castor, the machine is in neutral bump steer (0") with those set up.

the image showing Low roll center set up as I ran last week.

add: this mod also eliminated rubbing against upperdeck from ball end on the servo saver.

2 comments:

  1. What benefits have you found on the track running this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basically you don't want your steering to change while suspension traveling up or down. thats zero bump steer (neutral).
    some like to have steering gained while arms traveling up/car leaning. I never liked that way, I always like to have my car feel neutral/linear feeling.

    ReplyDelete



Love to hear from you~