Please click the banner below to supports our sponsors

Search this blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Back to BASICS!



Thank you very much Greg Sharpe! you done everything for me that day!

Went to racing at RCM last Sunday came back so tired i finally have some time to write in here.

I had no traction again at that track again, that got me and Greg Sharpe, the Bear all feeling weired about my car, ride height, damping, all fine! but car spins out as soon as I get back on the gas after the Apex.

so I messed up in 1st and 2nd qualifying run horrible time, right before the 3rd round I felt Greg's type-R diff and decide rebuilt mine.

my diff was very lose from 2 weeks ago I ran it like that but didn't rebuilt before this race and what happened was I spun that diff so fast for so many run the diff had no grease on it but felt smooth cause being so lose! it's like having a gear diff on it, only difference was mine had no power going on any of my rear wheels! the gear diff transform power at least to the wheel that lifting!

after the rebuilt car ran fine but while I was practing I got T-bone perfect and destroyed my Novak XXTRA RX! me and buddies trying to solder this RX back on line but not good, Greg sharpe lend me a NEW M8 and a RX for me to run in 3rd heat and Main.

so after all that rushing changing radio gear here at 3rd and last round kinda b main qualifiers all got together packed in 10 car race, as you guessed it. we went to dog fight! we bite, kick hacked each other so bad none of us improved their own time. what a bunch of animals! man I hate all of you! and they hate me too. hahah

here come I'm in 7th in the B main, I decide to try a set of Sweep racing EXP30 tires that I start importing, my car had so much grip and so much faster everywhere I was leading that B main after few laps. then I bobbled a little few passed me then I went Mike Tyson through every corner, FULL speed on that sweeper after a main straightaway, BAM! hit the CRC click barrier, bounce off to the outside barrier SO HARD, I broke A-arm of cos AND A front shock tower!


a lesson I learned from this race: every basic component of my type-R needs my attention too!

what good is low roll center, Tekin 203, turbo this and that! if your Diff is slipping all over the place!! go check the basic components of the machine first!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the crash. Are you coming to Horsham next Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. live and learn, yes Jan/31 Sunday I will be there. run TC. you coming right?

    ReplyDelete



Love to hear from you~