Please click the banner below to supports our sponsors

Search this blog

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Aluminium hex mystery on JRXS type-R Solved


Found a source of the problem.

I found out CVD, LCD axle hole got enlarged after 1 1/2 seasons of use. the hole on my axles are oval shape.

I just tried new set of LCD and no problem with a same hub, same BBs, all same old alum hexes.

but here is the kicker

I looked at my 8years old XXX-S CVD hole and they are fine, perfectly circled holes.

only thing I can think of it is XXX-S CVDs are made by MIP here in the USA, and I believe all this LCD and RCD's are made in Taiwan even thought all the packaging showing "made in USA" (old green color tag) on mine

Losi once been sued for improperly used a “Made in the U.S.A.” label and lost, then they changed all their label to "Made in Taiwan" tag (new grey color tag) you can read the settlement here

in my past experience American steel products are far stronger than one that from Asia and I think this is a same case too.

now if your wheels get grindy even with new set of BBs then you will need to go buy new axles for $14.00/pair which will last longer than $12.00/pair alum hexes.

drilling a hole closer on this soft steel axle made things worse and I think Losi knows that.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Love to hear from you~