Please click the banner below to supports our sponsors

Search this blog

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Battery tray tweak

I was rebuilding my car to get ready for the Queens track grand opening on end of this month, which got delayed till next year!

anyway I was tweaking my car to get flatten it out then found out even a Lipo plastic tray does make a chassis quite stiff and tweaked

I removed my battery tray only to find out chassis is slightly tweaked with a tray in the place, I think this only happen if you tape your battery to the tray instead of foam tapes on place under the upper deck.

then I was thinking about the solution for last few days and came up with following.

1: enlarge those tray hole and countersink larger so placement of battery mounting holes don't interfere with the chassis tweak.

2:milled out 1mm off the tray's mounting ears and upright Alu stands 1 mm to mount silicone seal (from shock) between Alu stands off and a tray.

this way my chassis can stay flat and have natural flex on corners with cushion of silicone seals, I'll post few pics as soon as I done it, on here and maybe on the RCtech too





1 comment:

  1. Hello John, How about a review on the movie? ..... Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Marco A.

    ReplyDelete



Love to hear from you~