Please click the banner below to supports our sponsors

Search this blog

Saturday, December 5, 2009

2WD TC to save the class?


From my Experience with an 1/10th off road class, a 2WD chassis can be more popular than current 4WD chassis in TC, this might bring more people back to this hobby for following reasons.

1: Lower chassis cost/ IMO a kit around $200 is possible

2: Less wear/economical running cost

3: Less damaged on a crash/ lots of ppl went to 1/8th off road cuz car don't break after a reasonable crash.

4: compare to smaller scale cars more room for electrics / I don't mean to say anything bad about mini-z or cup racing cars but to me they are too sensitive to set up change or too compact for human's finger size

5: Roomy layout don't need a low profile servo, Micro RX or and micro ESC

6: limited over all traction requires only a controllable horse power.

7: last but not least/ get rid of body rules. people love to race their dream cars than a Mazda 6. just like an RCGT rules lets drive some fancy cars!

what do you think?



I started racing with 1/10th off road 2WD and always enjoyed 4WD every chance I had, but almost every one quit running 4WD offroad so soon beacuase of opposite of above reasons, 1/10th electric 4WD off road was never a popular class and lots of ppl thought if the AE built one they will come but that didn't happened, also we all noticed 1/10th gas TC race getting smaller every season but 1/10th off road 2WD been popular till today.

with very sophisticated suspension logics and tires/chemicals available today I do believe we will have enough traction in any surface that we been run with 2WD tranny.

actually that remind me I drove my novice buddy's car fine around a track when he asked me to drive cuz car felt weired, I found a problem for him, his car lost a spool and had only rear wheel drive in that run.

there is lots of opinions on the web about how we can rejuvenate this once was popular class .

ppl talking about eliminated few class , such as killing the 13.5, entire foam or they even talking about folding the Mod class!

or there is idea about going to 1 cell on all sedan to replaced all our recently purchased 2cell Lipo!
to me that don't make much sense at all

so in my opinion this class can attract more racers and live longer with 2WD chassis.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Love to hear from you~