Please click the banner below to supports our sponsors

Search this blog

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Aluminium hex issue on JRXS type-R, XXX-S


Losi xxx-s team Losi RC car R/C cars JRXs Type-R HPI Team Associated touring car rc racing sorex takeoff forward tires rc tires airtronics TAMIYA futaba serrated nuts RC ball bearing



I had a wheel binding on my car few times and find out wheel axle pin got caved in to the wheel hex so deep, the wheel hex was pressing hard againt "Inner race" of My balls!







I guess this could happend to any car that use a HEX adaptor to mount a wheel

Losi xxx-s team Losi RC car R/C cars JRXs Type-R HPI Team Associated touring car rc racing sorex takeoff forward tires rc tires airtronics TAMIYA futaba serrated nuts RC ball bearing


I asked this to my extended brotherhood of RCtech.net and found out "using a Serrated nut and tight em in right torque" can prevent this problem.

I remember at 360raceway I had to keep tighten a rear right wheel all the time and I have to admit I did over tight that few time.




The M4 Serrated Nuts are available from HPI (# 87270, 87269, 87267) Tamiya (42143)

No comments:

Post a Comment



Love to hear from you~